Take your snack attack to the next level with this healthy, nutritious, super creamy, gorgeous hot pink homemade hummus dip. Perfect with raw chopped veggies, homemade roasted veggie chips, rice crackers, or as a sandwich spread.
- 1x tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2x small beetroots, roasted *
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 small glove garlic
- 1/8 cup (approx 2 tablespoons) tahini or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
* With the beetroot you can buy raw fresh beets and roast or boil them, or buy pre-cooked beetroot if your struck for time. With raw beets, wash and scrub them with a vegetable brush and cut off the root bit. Cut in halves or quarters (depending on size) and dry roast in a 180 degree C oven for 1hr.
- Throw all ingredients into a food processor or blender.
- Blitz until smooth.
- If it’s too thick, add a few splashes of water to get a smooth consistency.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper or lemon juice as needed.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.