- Good splash olive oil
- 1/2 leek, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup eggplant, diced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups carnaroli (or arborio) rice
- Good splash white wine
- 1 litre homemade chicken stock
- Generous tbsp butter
- Handful nasturtium leaves
- 1/2 cup fetta, crumbled
- Splash extra virgin olive oil
- Bit of grated nutmeg
- Heat a medium cast iron pot (or heavy based saucepan) over a medium heat, add oil, leek and stir. Reduce heat to low and let it slowly cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, chilli, eggplant and tomato paste. Increase heat to medium, cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add rice and stir for a couple of minutes, then add wine, stir with a wooden spoon scraping off anything stuck to the bottom.
- Add stock, a ladle at a time, stirring clockwise until it’s absorbed. Then repeat until rice is cooked. Add butter, season with salt & pepper, stir clockwise until creamy. Cover and let it sit while you prepare the salad.
- For the salad, combine all salad ingredients in a bowl, use your hands to lightly toss.
- To serve, spoon risotto onto a plate, pop a mound of salad on top.