Contributor: Tris, Balanced Body Nutrition
- 1 cup dates, soaked in hot water for 5 mins then drained
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts, plus extra 10 whole hazelnuts for the center of each ball, and more for rolling (optional)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional : 1 scoop (2 heaped tbls) vegan protein powder (I use PranaOn) + 2-3 tbls water
- Optional coating: 50g dark chocolate & 1 heaped tsp coconut oil melted together
- Optional coating: crushed/chopped hazelnuts for rolling in
- Add all ingredients into a food processor. Blitz for a couple of minutes until well combined. Mixture will form a dough and stick together.
- Roll into Ferrero Rocher sized balls, sticking a whole hazelnut into the center of each ball.
- If making the coating, freeze balls for 5 minutes while preparing the chocolate. If not, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To make the coating, melt chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Roll each ball in the chocolate then through the crushed nuts.
- Refrigerate to set and enjoy your gluten-free, Ferrero Roche goodness.