‘Ferrero Rocher’ inspired Choc Hazelnut Protein Bliss Balls (Gluten-Free)
YES Tris, you’ve done it again! Who doesn’t love Ferrero Roche? Head to Tris’ page to find out about the benefits of cocoa powder and more gluten-free recipes.
- 1 cup dates, soaked in hot water for 5 mins then drained
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts, plus extra 10 whole hazelnuts for the center of each ball, and more for rolling (optional)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- optional – 1 scoop (2 heaped tbls) vegan protein powder (I use PranaOn) + 2-3 tbls water
- 50g dark chocolate + 1 heaped tsp coconut oil, melted together
- crushed/chopped hazelnuts, for rolling in
- Add all ingredients into a food processor. Blitz for a couple of minutes until well combined. Mixture will form a dough and stick together.
- Roll into Ferrero Rocher sized balls, sticking a whole hazelnut into the center of each ball.
- If making the coating, freeze balls for 5 minutes while preparing the chocolate. If not, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To make the coating, melt chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Roll each ball in the chocolate then through the crushed nuts. Refrigerate to set and enjoy your gluten-free, Ferrero Roche goodness.