- 450g (16oz) organic hard tofu, drained, halved and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 16 baby potatoes, halved
- 2 medium Lebanese cucumber, sliced and cut into thin sticks (fresh)
- 18 small red grape or cherry tomatoes
- 18 small gold grape or cherry tomatoes
- 200g (7oz) green beans (lightly blanched)
- 200g (7oz) white cabbage, thinly sliced (lightly blanched)
- 200g (7oz) red cabbage, thinly sliced (fresh for the crunch or lightly blanched)
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 large spring onions (shallots) including the white parts, thinly sliced lengthwise
Nut Free Sauce:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 90g (3.2oz) sunflower seeds
- 30g (1oz) pepitas seeds (pumpkin seeds)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1½ paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce (seedless)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 400ml (1⅔ cup) lite coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 2 teaspoons potato starch mixed with ¼ cup (62.5ml) water
For the nut free sauce:
- Add the sunflower seeds and pepitas seeds into a food processor and process until fine.
- Heat up a frying pan with the extra virgin olive oil. Pan fry the garlic and ginger on low heat until lightly golden.
- Add the ground seeds prepared in step 1, sweet chilli sauce, coriander powder, turmeric powder, paprika powder and cumin powder and mix and stir fry on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut sugar, salt, lime juice, coconut milk, water and potato starch mixture and bring to a boil. Then simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. Set aside in a large bowl until ready to serve.
For the salad:
- Pre-heat fan force oven to 160C or 320F. Place all the potatoes evenly in a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Add salt and some extra virgin olive oil and rub and mix well. Bake in the oven for 30 mins or until just soft and golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat up a medium pot half-filled with water and bring to a boil. Lightly blanch separately the green beans and cabbage for 1 minute. Drained and set aside.
- Arrange the salad ingredients on a large plate by categories and serve with the sauce in the middle.
- Alternatively, you can toss and mix all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with some sauce before serving plus extra sauce in a bowl by the side.