Contributor: Rebecca Coomes
- 2 lbs plum roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 bunch of basil, finely chopped
- 6 scallions, green part only, chopped
- 16 oz vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbs garlic infused olive oil (optional)
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the plum roma tomatoes on a roasting sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the tomatoes are roasted and tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cool enough to handle, place the tomatoes and ½ cup of basil in a high-powered food processor and blitz until well combined and creamy.
- In a large pot, heat the remaining olive oil and wilt the scallions. Add to the blender and blitz again.
- Pour the tomato mixture, vegetable stock and tomato paste into the pot and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened slightly. Right before serving, stir through the remaining basil.
- To serve, pour into 4 soup bowls, drizzle with garlic infused olive oil and decorate with extra basil leaves. You can also sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan on the top to make a cheesy version of this soup.